Thursday, August 19, 2010

Roommate Ramblings: part 6

My old roommate doesn't always say things that are hilarious. Sometimes he just says things are just plain wrong. I mean the kind of things that you try your best to forget afterwards. So what do I do? I put those fantastic one-liners into my blog :-)

Let me set the stage for this latest perfection in awkwardness.

A few of my old co-workers get together periodically for drinks after work. There were five of us at the table: My old roommate, an ex-female co-worker, another ex-female co-worker and her husband, and myself.

Um, by "ex-female co-worker" I mean a female who used to be my co-worker... and not a co-worker who used to be female. I just thought that would be important to mention.

One of the women is pregnant, so we're all talking about babies and child-birth and .... um.... [snore] sorry I started to nod off while writing this. Let's just say we were talking babies and leave it at that.

The conversation moved to the topic of traditional births versus C-sections, and how the weight of the child factored into the decision. And that's where we enter the conversation...

Nonpregnant Ex-coworker: My little brother was 10 pounds when he came out and my mom didn't have a C-section.

Pregnant Ex-coworker: Oh my god. I don't even want to think about what that would do to your body.

Nonpregnant Ex-coworker: Well, it was her 4th child.

Pregnant Ex-coworker: Oh well that's different. You couldn't do that for a 1st child. But by the 4th...

[My ex-roommate has been sitting there trying to find a way to join the conversation]

Ex-Roommate: Yeah... 4th child... 10 pounds was probably nothin. That kid probably slid right out then.

At this point we all paused to consider the fact that he had just made a comment about the size of the "birth canal" of our friend's mother.

The conversation took a swift turn to a new topic at this point.

And thus endeth today's edition of Roommate Ramblings.

No comments: