Friday, November 04, 2005

More wishes...

I can't help it. The different subjects that I daydream about could fit onto a small piece of paper. I often think about how my life would change if I won the lottery (note: I don't play the lottery). I sometimes daydream about Ultimate Frisbee (it's what got me through those boring classes in college). But more than anything else, I daydream about having my own Genie. So, even though I've blogged about this before, let's re-visit the 3 wishes:

If you read my last blog on this, then you know that I like to look at the realistic consequences of different wishes. Of course, sometimes I like to ignore them also.

First, let's be altruistic. What kind of wishes might you make that would help all of mankind? Here are some of my favorite:

1. Finding a cure to a major world virus/disease. How much better would the world be if we could cure HIV? Or Cancer? We'd save millions of lives. Of course, the downside of this is also that we'd save millions of lives. The planet is quickly becoming over-crowded, and it's getting worse every year. Some might argue that this is nature's way of controlling the population.

2. Discovering vegetables and wheat that can grow in any environment....especially African desert. How many countries can't prosper because they're main focus is just finding enough food for the people? In a matter of years, we could turn 3rd world countries into 2nd world countries...or even first world countries! (that was a little joke). Again, one downside is population. Not only will less people be dying, but more people will be having children in those countries. AND, we could possibly throw off the balance in those eco-systems. The plants and wildlife would get all out of whack. (yes, you can tell I'm not a scientific person).

Ok, my train of thought was just disrupted. I just received a phone call from a solicitor on my work phone. ON MY WORK PHONE! This really pisses me off. At first, I was going to stop this blog...but then I had a better idea.

New wish. I want to be able to delve into people's minds. If a random solicitor calls me, I want to know who they are and where they are. I want to know their fears, and deepest secrets. And then I want to torture them with this information until I drive them out of the business. I would tell them that I'll check on them in a week...and if they are still at this job then I'm going to *insert horrifying bloody death here*

Or how about this? What if you knew where SPAM came from? You could just look at the e-mail and know where it originated and who created it.

Small tangent: In college, I took a class on Legal Issues in the Mass Media. One day, we discussed a website that someone had created. On this site, he posted information about doctor's that perform abortions. The site included pictures of the doctor and his family, where they lived, and what their daily schedules were. At no point did the site explicitly ask people to kill these doctors, but each time one was killed, they put a big "X" through the picture. When taken to court, the owner of the website won the case. He only posted public information about the doctor's, and never asked anyone to kill them. Of course, the site was shut down eventually, but that's not my point.

I'd make one of these sites. About spammers. I think that would make me happy. To know that these people were now being harassed (and hopefully attacked) by the people that they prey on.

Ok, I'm calming down now. But I don't feel like writing about this blog anymore. I think I'll go get some coffee, and think about how much fun it'll be to ride my motorcycle this weekend in this nice weather.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

No comments: