Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Popeye ain't got nothin on me...

It was scary. I was afraid to try it. The last time I thought I had the courage to follow the plan, but I was wrong.... DEAD wrong....

obviously, I'm talking about....

EATING A SPINACH SALAD!!!

(Gasps from the audience)

But fear not, dear reader, I mustered up the courage and bought a new bag of of the stuff! And I ate it!!!

actually, it was pretty good. I think I like a spinach salad better than a regular salad. It's healthier and also tastes better.

Also, how do you "muster up courage" ? What does that even mean? It just makes me think of mustard... and my last blog entry.

Also Also, my muscles didn't get huge after eating it. Those stupid popeye cartoons lied to me.

Ok, so I need to figure out what's next on the list. I'm thinking that I should branch out into the salad world some more. Maybe try a cucumber. They don't look too scary. I'll throw a few in to my next salad.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you, man! Remember, when trying any new vegetables, always have a heaping pile of bacon next to you ... just in case ;-)

Ilana Grubin said...

I was thinking the exact same thing about "mustering up courage", and then you confirmed my thoughts - It really just sounds like mustard. Unfortunately I still need to keep my distance from mustard for a little while, after consuming far too much of it in conjunction with vodka. It's not a bad visual to have in a blog post about food though. If you want to get really adventurous, I am pretty sure you can eat mustard leaves. I don't know what they taste like, but you can always try them in your salad...

Anyway, do you really mean to tell me that you've never eaten a cucumber? They are definitely pretty mild. I was going to suggest something a little wilder to spruce up your salad, such as corn kernels or beans. But then you mentioned the cucumber, and I remembered who I am talking to here... Have fun with your salad experimentation. Maybe next you can try a carrot, or tomato? I commend you on your bravery for the sake of healthy eating.

Mama said...

Next time, try eating spinach that's not in a bag. Often if its in a bag, there are lots of preservatives to go along with it. Personally, I think it tastes better when it's not in a bag!

That's my healthy eating suggestion of the day.

Happy spinach eating!