I bet you were all sitting on the edge of your seats for days, waiting on this post. Well wait no longer, dear readers!
Have you ever noticed that everyone's teeth on TV/Film are super perfectly white? Well I notice it. And then I go look in a mirror and become disgusted with myself for having "normal" teeth. And I'll bet they aren't in the "normal" category anymore. Between coffee, red wine, a night guard, and asthma inhalers that shoot yellow dust (seriously, can't they make it white dust??) I have quite a few things yellowing my teeth.
So let's talk about my options:
1. Get professional whitening at the dentist. I go in and they do the whole procedure in a half hour. Then I walk out with perfect teeth. Great! But the cost is over $500.
2. Get the do-it-yourself kit from the dentist. They give me trays and goop and I can get nearly professional results in 2 weeks. Great! But the cost on this one is $300.
3. Get a high-end commercial whitening pack - like Crest White Strips Super Mega Ultimate Edition. In 10 days I'll have great teeth. Not a bad choice. Cost is only like $40 or $50... and cheaper if you want to take out the "mega" or "ultimate" part.
4. Go to Happy Harry's and buy their brand of teeth whiteners. They claim to be comparable to the Crest system and I only have to take it for 7 days. Cost? I got them on sale 2-packs for $25.
...and we have a winner!
I've just finished taking them for the first week. I missed 2 days because I was on a weekend-long date and didn't want to "break the mood". So my results may have varied from the package a bit.
Thank god I have that second pack. I'm taking a few days off and then I'll try taking that. I really wish that I had taken a picture of my teeth before so that I could do some nifty before and after shot.
But so far the results are nice. These things DO work. I definitely recommend them to anyone who feels pressure to be more like a movie star and less like themselves.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
I love white (teeth) supremacy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A weekend long date?
sorry... did I stutter??
Post a Comment