Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mars and Venus Rosetta Stone

So I'm in this situation right now that I don't really want to talk about. It's about a girl. And it's probably in my best interest to just keep my mouth shut and process things for a few days.

...and yet here I am.

This blog is like my own personal therapist. Let's face it. Therapists just sit there and ask you questions, and get you to talk. And we, as a society, pay hundreds of dollars per hour for this. But in reality, I think that if everyone just tried a few things then we'd all need a little less time on the couch.

1. Exercise. When life gets you down, you get stressed. So go dust off those running shoes from 1985 and hit the streets. It always makes me feel better.

2. Call your friends. It's their job to let you complain. And then they cheer you up. Especially if you're depressed about a member of the opposite sex. Hanging out with friends reminds you that there is more to life than a relationship.

3. Alcohol. This one isn't for everyone. But I'm a mellow happy drunk. And so a 6-pack of beer works better than any crazy pill that a doctor could give me for my mood. Some people say that marijuana can serve the same purpose with fewer calories, but I have a little condition called Asthma so I really can't smoke anything (legal or otherwise).

Now here's why I really started to blog in the first place tonight. It wasn't to talk about what happened. It wasn't to talk about how I feel. No, I just wanted to pose a question. And I think that's a little funny when I sit back and look at how many people actually look at these posts...

...but I digress.

When someone tells you "I thought I wanted to be in a relationship - but I think I really just want to go out and have fun" do you think they ever mean it? I mean seriously. We all know that it means "I don't want a relationship with YOU." but I really wondered if anyone has ever said that and truly meant it.

I had a brief time when I meant it (sort of). After my relationship with J-Love ended, I couldn't imagine being attached to anyone. But I was clear about that from the start. So I never led anyone on. I never told a girl that I was ready to be with just one person, and then flip-flop on them. So I guess that doesn't count.

Well, my beer is empty. So I need to go get a new one. Feel free to share your thoughts, dear readers...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you. In terms of relationships, mostly everything is personal. Obviously, the girl didn't see anything that was worth her effort, so she bailed. In the long run though, she did you a favor. Now, you don't have to waste time in a one-sided relationship that could be better used with someone who'll invest in you as much as you're willing to invest in them. Keep on truckin'!!